Wednesday 12 January 2011

George Under Eye Concealer

My name is L and I'm addicted to concealer! hahaha


I've previously posted that I regularly use a number of different concealers in the morning and I own around a good 10 (or possibly more - I lose count) different ones at the moment. Its bad!


And too top this off I've recently added a new one to the growing collection - George Under Eye Concealer.



Now I do suffering from really bad dark circles, so I have been looking for something with 'light reflecting' properties. I know some people would say try Touche Eclat, but I'm just not sure. I have tried it in the past and again more recently, but I'm still not entirely convinced and as usual I would like to try to find a cheaper alternative.


So this looked great and was only around £3.00 - although this may have been an offer, as some products had been re-released in new (very cute!) boxes.


Right time for some scary pics!


The top picture is me without any concealer and the second is with it on. Now annoyingly despite looking in the mirror and seeing horrible dark circles, they didn't really show up all that badly in the picture - obviously not great for the comparison. However even with the not to great picture I don't think this has done all that much.


I've also shown below, my eye with the concealer and one without.



I think in this one you can notice more of a difference. I would say as well that I'm not wearing any other makeup in the picture though - just the George concealer under my right eye (left hand side in pic).

(Oh and I'd like to add, how pale are my lashes??? So white!)


On a plus side it blends in quite nicely and you only need a little, as it has quite a watery consistency.


I think for me this isn't a concealer I could happily use on its own. I'm so paranoid about my dark circles! My daily routine so far, has involved using Benefit Erase Paste and then adding this into the inside corner of my eye and slightly down the inside of my eye - as below.




So far this is working for me and really helps to brighten up my eye.


If your not as paranoid as me, this may work well on it's own for you.

4 comments:

LillianZahra said...

I'm always on the lookout for bargain alternatives to Touche Eclat - this sounds great, you can really see that it's made a difference to your under eye area. x

FromGemWithLove said...

This looks great, can't beat a bargain x

Orla Lorenza said...

The natural collection concealer is pretty good and very cheap! xx

Marie said...

Thanks for the review and pictures, I think concealers are great!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...