Monday 3 January 2011

Cellnique Amino Collagen C Intense Set

Now this was an item that I was sent to try out, we were approached and asked whether we would like to review some item and I received this the Cellnique Amino Collagen C Intense Set with retails at $96 for two 10ml bottles.
On Cellniques website they state that this is,
'A highly intensive skin rejuvenating combination targets at large pores, the appearance of fine lines and sagging skin. The Amino Collagen C Intense Set consist two serums work synergistically to encourage a firm, youthful and elastic quality skin.
Amino Collagen C Intense I
This high-potency vitamin C serum helps improve skin resilience and refine open pores.
Amino Collagen C Intense II
This oil-free serum contains a proven low-density Hyaluronate Acid, a natural moisturizer which is able to attract 1000 times its weight in water. Rich in soy and silk protein, Amino Collagen Intense II helps repair damaged cells and instantly delivers a silky smooth texture after application
.'
They also states that you should see the benefits after 7 days if you apply twice daily. Now I have been using this for a month now and though the guidelines are to apply Intense 1 followed by Intense 2 after cleansing and toning, as I have sensitive skin I applied 2 followed by 1. All you need to do is apply a couple of drops to your fingers and massage into your face. You need to give them sometime to absorb into your skin before applying your make-up in the morning, though they do absorb quickly. I have noticed an improvement in my skin it is soooo soft, smooth and firmer, but I haven't noticed a marked improvement in my pores as of it.

Another benefit I have found is that I am not having to use moisturiser, even in this terrible cold whether we have been having. My skin hydrated and moisturised from using these, its amazing! I have done a before and after shot but I couldn't really show the improvements in my skin in photographs. I completely apologise for the scary looking pictures below, me with no make-up or mascara is a scary sight!
My skin is more moisterised and it even allows my make-up to go on better.
You are warned that after applying Intense 1, which is L-Asorbic Acid, it may sting but this will subside after applying Intense 2. As I have been applying these the other way round due to having sensitive skin I have not really noticed this as of yet. But I would say follow the guidelines regarding open cut skin, as I managed to get Intense 1 in a cut on my finger and god did it hurt!
The main downside for me is the price, though I find these are great I am not sure I can justify $96 for these two. So far I have used a half in little over a month so I would probably have to replace 3 monthly. The shipping cost as well is $20 so it would cost around $116 every 3 months which is too much, though I am currently saving on moisturiser!
I am going to continue using these as I do like them in my routine but I am not sure if I will replace them just yet.

2 comments:

G said...

I'm in desperate need of something for my pores! Would you say this helped with them or just helped to soften and hydrate your skin?

Unknown said...

So far I have not noticed a change to my pores but I'm going to keep trying it and will update you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...