Saturday 8 January 2011

Miss Sporty 420 & 314

As I have recently managed to grow my nails and stop biting them I have gone nail varnish made, and Boots and Superdrug have fed my addiction with their 3 for 2 offers that they have had on cosmetics (I think Superdrugs has ended now). On a recent trip to Superdrug I picked up two Miss Sport Nail varnishes and a top coat nail varnish. Now these were a bargain at £1.99 and Miss Sporty have a good choice of colours available as well, which you can see here.



The colours I choose are 420 which is a dark grey and 314 which a very dark navy. I am really into my dark nails at the moment so was instantly drawn 314 a dark navy. This took 3 coats for me to be happy with the finish and is a great colour on, it is very dark but then in the light or with a flash you get the great blue sheen.

I am a massive fan of Navy nail polish so I compared it to my other favourites Navy's Strictly Fab-u-lous Midnight, Miss Sporty 314, Barry M Navy, Strictly Fab-u-lous Passionate, MUA shade 1, and Barbara Daly Very Violet. This Miss sporty is very much more of an Ink shade, I think I prefer my Barry M, Barbara Daly and now Strictly Fab-u-lous in Passionate.

The grey is a great colour it took 3 coats again before I was happy with it and the picture below was 3 days in and there isn't really much tip wear etc. I love this colour as it has a slight sparkle to it but you could get away with it as an everyday nail. I am not normally a fan of grey but I do like this shade, I actually do not own any of grey's other than gunmetal's and silver's.
For the price of the nail varnishes I really think I will give some more colours ago. They are certainly not the best I have come across but I do find the brush very easy to use and they applied great after 3 coats.


Have you tried any Miss Sporty varnishes? Any colour recommendations?


2 comments:

Reyna @reynasblogxo said...

It's pretty! xx

Thekla said...

such nice colors<3


http://inablondeworld.blogspot.com/ stop by sometime:)xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...