Tuesday 4 January 2011

Liz Earle Energising Body Lotion

I have a confession to make before I do today's post....I have never tried any products by Liz Earle. L has tried a couple of products and you can see her posts on Liz Earle Moisturisers and Cleanse & Polish. So when we were approached to try the new Energising Body Lotion I jumped at the chance to try it!I have to say my first impressions were great, considering we received this as a sample to try Liz Earl had packaged it up lovely and the packaging itself looks lovely. The body lotion itself retails at £16.50 for a 150ml tube. From Liz Earle's website,

'This lightweight, heavenly-scented lotion is packed with naturally active botanicals that have been specially selected to help smooth, firm and tone your skin.


Massage into skin to improve its appearance and elasticity and to help firm and tone, particularly on problem areas such as upper arms, hips and thighs.


A blend of 19 naturally active botanicals including ivy, caffeine, horse chestnut and butchers broom.'


I have to say the smell of this lotion is gorgeous very herbal the product itself contains damask rose water, sweet orange oil, 8 pure essential oils and natural vitamin E. It is a very light lotion to apply and absorbs very quickly, yet feeling rich and creamy it left my skin feeling great...you don't have that tacky feeling you get with some lotion/moisturisers. Though it is a light lotion my dry skin has really improved. Now when you first apply the lotion the 'herbal' smell is very strong, I do like the smell but it is quite overpowering even after applying my perfume. This does fade throughout the day but I know some people would not like this and it may be too overpowering. But I find this is such a great uplifting lotion to use in the morning and really does give me the kick-start for the day ahead.


Liz Earle also has a full range of the Energise products which you can see here, that include Body Wash, Scrub and Hip & Thigh Gel. I would be tempted by the wash, as it would be great to wake me up for the day ahead but hopefully it would not leave a heavy scent behind after use. I will contain to use the lotion at night as I do love the product.


After my first try of Liz Earle I really want to try some more, L has kindly decanted some of her cleanse & polish for me to try so I will let you know how I get on.


L has also been trying it out:


So I'm a huge fan of Liz Earle - love everything I've tried so far and this is no different.

Firstly I love the smell - as regular readers will know I have MAJOR issues with scented products lol. Anyway for once I actually like the smell, its really refreshing - a good wake me up!

It has a rich creamy texture but sinks in very well - leaving my skin softened and refreshed. I like that I'm not left with a tacky feel on my skin, which I do find with some body lotions.

Liz Earle recommends that you use it in conjunction with a body wash and scrub that I haven't tried to achieve the best results. Even without these I'm more than happy with the product.

I find with most Liz Earle products that a little goes a very long way, so don't be put off by the price. Its definitely worth it!


Are you a fan of Liz Earle? Have you tried any of the Energise Range?



3 comments:

G said...

Love Liz Earle. I've tried the body scrub from this range and love it. Can't wait to try the body lotion.

Lucy said...

I've never tried it! I'm really tempted but being a student its a fair amount of money.
I may just have to be super patient and wait until i start earning lol. Great review though :D


Rainbows and Buttons
xx

Sherrie said...

I LOVE this and just reviewed this today actually..spooky lol :) The smell is amazing and I have also reviewed the scrub if you fancy a nosey pop over and have a read, the scrub is just as good which is no suprise with LE :) x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...