Friday 7 January 2011

Haircare Samples...

Hey, as I have previously mentioned I have been very lucky recently and won some prizes via Twitter Retweets. One of my prizes was from @beautybooth, they are a beauty website http://www.thebeautybooth.com/ stocking a wide range of products from Elemis to Jessica Nails etc. The prize I won was a massive box of samples products that ranged from haircare to skincare to nail varnish. I couldn't believe my eyes when I received the prize it was AMAZING! So I decided to review some of the haircare samples that I have tried.



The ones I have tried so far are Tigi Rockaholic Livin' The Dream Shampoo & Conditioner and Professional Sebastian Light Weightless Shampoo & Conditioner.
I had enough in each packet for two washes, I tend to wash my hair every other day as its dry and frizzy.


I tried the Tigi Rockaholic first as I am a big fan of Tigi and I have been using their Bedhead range for awhile. Now the Bedhead range I am a fan of has finished, my favourite range was the Control Freak but they now do style shots and urban anti-dotes. So I was quite keen to try the Rockaholic range.


According to Tigi's website,

'Brings stellar shine and strength to your strung our strands with a bad ass sulfate-free blend of green tea, goji berry, gotu kola and multi-minerals'

I have to say I was quite impressed, I have been using Naked Haircare at the moment, see here for review, and though I like it I don't like the fact sometimes it doesn't foam up. I just don't always feels the shampoo does enough. Well this Tigi one is great it foams easily, smells great and my hair was sooooo manageable. I was really impressed and would look to purchase this Shampoo and Conditioner, it retails at £6.55 for 250ml Shampoo and £7.45 for 250ml Conditioner on www.thebeautybooth.com . Especially as I felt I had to go over my hair a couple of times with my Haked Rescue Shampoo.


Now I would never have even looked twice at trying the Sebastian Professional Weightless Shampoo and Conditioner, with my hair type I wouldn't have said I needed this. It retails at £10.29 for 250ml shampoo and £11.99 for 250ml conditioner at http://www.thebeautybooth.com/ .


According to Sebastian Professional the should,

'Sebastian Light Shampoo is a weightless shine shampoo which is clean and light as air. The shampoo purifies, paring everything down to its essentials. Colour safe'

My hair felt great after using this and it even straightened better than normal. As I said I would never have given this range ago but I actually liked using it, my hair felt lovely and clean but wasn't feeling clogged at all.


I much prefer trying a sample before buying a product and this prize has been brilliant for that! I am trying brands and ranges I would never have looked at twice or was worried it was too expensive to try if I didn't like it. I will keep you updated with how I go with the rest of the items.


Are you a fan of samples? Any recommedations of sites or shops that are good at giving samples to try before you buy?


Thanks

6 comments:

beautybooth said...

Thank you for the reviews on the samples, and glad you are enjoying them, we @ TheBeautyBooth.com send out samples with every order placed with us, so if anyone has any preferences, be it skincare or haircare let us know and we will do our best to accomadate.
Looking forward to your future reviews :)

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Lucky you! Those are nice samples! Glad you were impressed with the product.

Stephanie Gauthier-Bujold said...

It's always nice to have samples to try before buying!

For my part, I go to the Money Saving Expert Forum, they list websites that gives freebies. Other than that, I am not sure which company in the UK gives samples with orders (I know Yves Rocher does in Canada), since I only ordered from Eyeko yet!

Nikkay said...

wow great prize!

K A T H L E E N said...

great reviews! i like getting these samples to try!

beano54 said...

great reviews, yes i think samples are a good way trying products as i have wasted so much money on full size products which are just rubbish
sorry don't know where you can get them from, i would love some too lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...