Friday 10 June 2011

EOTD E.L.F Mystic Moss

Hey,

As you may already be aware I am a big fan of E.L.F make-up on here and we have both featured E.L.F products more than once, you can see previous posts here.

Today's post features an eyeshadow from the studio range, these retail at £3.50 for 2.75g and come in 10 shades. I purchased mine in Mystic Moss and I have to say I am pleased with it (and only pleased).
As the name suggests it is a moss colour which comes out a a dark petrol blue green shade. The pigmentation is also quite good, you can see a swatch further down, and it is buildible. I find I prefer to apply these eyeshadow with a slightly damp brush - the colour is better and less powder fall off. I also like the packaging on this eyeshadow, the studio range comes with much better packaging than a lot of the E.L.F range. It feels sturdy and is pleasant to look at - definitely not cheap looking.

Although I am quite happy with my purchase and would pick up another shade I don't think these are particularly great value for money. As I said these retail at £3.50 for 2.75g where you can get Boots 17 Solo Eyeshadows for £3.89 and they are more pigmented than E.L.F. So I wouldn't be shouting from the roof tops to buy these E.L.F Studio eyeshadows - I feel there are better options on the highstreet for your money. But if you need an item to help meet one of the numerous E.L.F offers that they run (i.e. fee delivery with min £10), this is an option.

I have also done an EOTD featuring Mystic Moss.
Products used:


  • Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair

  • UDPP

  • No7 Mascara in Brown

  • E.L.F Studio Eyeshadow in Mystic Moss across most of eye

  • Urban Decay eyeshadow Virgin in inner corner

Have you tried any E.L.F eyeshadows?


Thanks










2 comments:

Makeup and Mutts said...

Ooh it suits you so well! :) I've only ever tried their palettes.

Unknown said...

Thank you! I do love the colour on me

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...