Thursday 2 June 2011

Pink nails anyone?

Considering I am not a great fan of pink nails I surprised myself when I was trying to look for a pink that I already had soooo many. I have decided to wear pink nails to L's wedding and these are my choices.


From L-R George Sherbert Fizz, Fearne Cotton (nails by day), Beauty UK Soft Pink, Strictly Fab-u-lous nails in Sizzling, No 7 Hot Pink, Rimmel in Pink Punch and Fearne Cotton by Day nails.
Firstly I have to say that when I paint a wheel like above with different nail polish brands you notice the quality and how they all apply different. Out of the seven polishes the ones that applied the best were Fearne Cotton and Strictly Fab-u-lous. They would have been ok with just one coat where as some of the others required 3 coats (I am looking at you Rimmel!).

You can see the polishes below with my dress.




I actually like all of the colours against the dress but I think I prefer one of the darker more fuchsia tones of pink, as that matches in with the flowers that L has choosen.


What do you think? Do you have a favourite? Let me know which is your favourite L -R (1-7)? I like 4 and 6.


Thanks




10 comments:

Fakhra's said...

Think pink, lovely collection :)

Anonymous said...

Until I read this post, I would have sworn I had some pinks. But for some reason I don't at the mo.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Ali

Stephanie Gauthier-Bujold said...

I think 4 is a good choice!

I bought a similar dress last week, similar colour, similar cut (from what I can see) and it has bright pink flowers on it, just like the nail polishes! I thought it was really summery and I can't wait to wear it!

Emma said...

They all look lovely! I like 6 and 7 best, they really stand out against the dress. Which by the way looks GORGEOUS! x

Dadda said...

i love the 2nd and the 4th! great collection!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous pink collection :)

Sukie said...

I love number 4! I think that goes best with your dress xxx

Nic, Strawberry Blonde said...

I also like no4 and think it goes best!

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for the comments.Glad you all seem to like 4 that's what I have gone for on my toes and will do finger nails tonight!

Makeup and Mutts said...

George Sherbert Fizz is my favorite! I love light pinks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...