Wednesday 15 June 2011

Lush Jackie Oates

Hey,

I have said that I would do a post on the new Colour Supplement in Jackie Oates that I picked up in Lush the other day, this is £7.50 for 20g so it certainly isn't cheap.

What Lush say:

'Jackie Oates is a light, soothing and gentle base for pale skin types, which are often sensitive and prone to redness. Helen used soothing oats and honey, and the moisturising, protective qualities of lanolin to calm and hydrate, while providing a perfect porcelain finish. The colour supplements can be used on their own as a foundation or applied locally as a concealer. For a lighter finish, they can be used to create your own tinted moisturiser. Just combine a dab of colour supplement with your favourite moisturiser and blend together for your own specially created mix.'

I have been using this on its own at the moment and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.


This item is actually produced with Jackie Oates who is a UK Folk singer, and the product is aimed at 'traditional folk' with fair skin.


I was first given a same sample from Lush and I experimented with using it on its own or with a moisturiser. My first thought on the product is the smell...it definitely smells calming, soothing and herbal (not bad smells really). As you can see from the colour below is is quite pale but they do offer other tones (pink,yellow etc).


I really struggle with finding a pale foundation that gives me the coverage I want (sheer to medium) and matches my colouring. I tend to go for tinted moisturisers and this is what drew me to this product. I originally purchased this in the Light Yellow shade (the lightest available originally) but recently I spotted that they had released Jackie Oates.

This is much more my colour and I like how it blend in and feels on my skin. I feel it leaves me hydrated and soft it even me out and even blend out some of my red areas.

I feel I have finally finished my searched for a foundation I like....Yay! But (there's always a but) I don't actually like the little jar its in. Its a pain to find in my make-up storage and I don't like that you have to scoop some out to use, I will be repurchasing though!


Here is a FOTD with me wearing Jackie Oates on its own, let me know what you think:

For the FOTD I used:


  • Witch Primer - all over

  • Lush Colour Supplement in Jackie Oats - all over

  • Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair - under eye

  • Lily Lolo Blush Away - around nose are and on any red blemishes

  • No 7 Mascara in Brown

  • UDPP

  • Urban Decay Virgin - all of eye

  • Urban Decay Darkhorse - outer corner and along uooer lash line

  • Too Faced Blusher - from Too Faced Cupcake Palette

  • Yes to Carrot Tinted Lip Tint in Cotton Candy and Jemma Kidd lipgloss (Red Magazine freebie)

Thanks











4 comments:

Makeup and Mutts said...

Lovely FOTD as always! :) Love the natural look!

Unknown said...

Its more my lazy face!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I've just read your review a few times and I can't figure out if you've used this straight from the jar or mixed it with moisturiser. Please clarify as I'm having a stupid day today!

:D

LatBeautyAddict said...

Hi K uses it straight from the jar!

Lx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...