Tuesday 15 June 2010

E.L.F Corrective Concealer

I purchased this in my first ever ELF Haul. Its from the studio range and cost £3.50, which is quite pricey for ELF haha!

I usually use Boots 17 Corrector Stick for my redness by my nose, but when I saw this I thought I would give it a go!

Corrective Concealer
Conceals under-eye darkness, blemishes and other skin imperfections with customized coverage. Brightens under-eye circles and neutralizes redness. Convenient size for on-the-go travel.

I liked the idea that you have a brightener and two different tones of concealer. So I had high hopes, as I've really liked the products I've tried before!

However I was disappointed :(

The two concealers are waaaaay to dark for my skin tone. I tried them under my eyes and they looked so orangey. I haven't even attempted them anywhere else on my face cos I know they're so wrong. I've only used the brightener once as it left my skin with a pinky tone and definately not what I would call bright. On a more positive note - I admit that I've used the green corrector everyday since it arrived and I do quite like it.

It comes with its own little brush - and when I say little it is quite little and doesn't seem to pick up much product, so I have resorted to using my fingers to get a better coverage. The concealers are not very thick so the brush just lets it down. Once applied with the brush, you still need to belnd it in and it does belnd quite nicely.

Wanted to like the product but just couldn't! It was my most expensive purchase and my most disappointing. If I had the opportunity to try the product in a store I would never have pruchased!

Will stick with £1.50 products next time.

L x

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good concept. I hate to buy a product where I only use part of it though. :)

Anonymous said...

I always wondered about these products and how well the may or may not work.

Kεℓℓί.Kεℓ§σ said...

I just placed an order on elf myself, Mainly because I wanted to try their high defination powder. I'm so excited to get it in. It sucks that you cant use all the products, but at least you really like one of them.

Danielle said...

I've been wanting to buy this but I have light skin too, so I think the concealers will be too dark for me aswell. I'll stick to my usual concealer I think! lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...