Friday 18 June 2010

Rose & Co Apothecary's Formula Eyebright Eye Gel

If you have been following my blog for a little while you will know that I took a trip to Leeds with the boyfy a couple of weeks ago.

Whilst we were there I found a lovely boutique called Rose & Co. It had a lovely retro feeling to it and one of the ladies there was styled like a pin up girl and looked totally DIVINE! They sell cosmetics, but there was also some kitsch jewellery in the store. Their website is super cute and can be found here.

During my little peek around the shop I a little tub of eye gel. I had been used to using Soap and Glory's eye gel but I had none left so I purchased this one.






What do I think of this product?
I found it to be quite basic. Yes it went on cool and did seem to make my eyes feel a little more refreshed but I didn't notice the same reduction in puffiness that I get with Soap and Glory's.

Also, I noticed that it dried onto my skin a bit strangely. It felt like I had to blink loads and keep opening my eyes wide so the skin sorrounding my actual eyeball was not tacky. Like the feeling you get in the palm of your hands if you are using gel and forget to wash it off your hands after.

Would I repurchase?
Honestly, I probably wouldn't.
There is nothing wrong with this product at all. However, there is nothing that makes it exciting. It doesn't smell divine, it doesn't provide me with amazing results and the packaging is pretty boring. So it doesn't really tick any boxes for me.
Yeah I only paid around £5.00 for it but I don't feel like it makes any difference to the skin around my eyes.

I think the best way for me to describe my feelings towards this gel is indifferent. I don't dislike it but I don't love it either. I think in terms of eye gels I will stick to Soap and Glory's for now.

1 comment:

miss a said...

Hi, sist...

I had a new post HERE and also GIVEAWAY contest with lots of GIFT. Want to join? Click HERE

Thanks,
Creamy
Ice creamy world
Twitter : caramel_manda
Exchange link email: icecreamyworld@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...