Thursday 23 December 2010

Clinique Strawberry Fudge Eyeshadow Quad

Strawberry Fudge is Clinique's Christmas 2010 range, and is available here. I have seen a lot of posts about this range in the blog world and I really liked the colours but I don't think I would have particularly rushed out to get it. image from http://www.clinique.co.uk/


But my mum had recently popped into her nearest Clinique counter and received the eyeshadow quad below, as a freebie with some other purchases and she was very pleased! And I have to say the eyeshadows were nice and as they are quite pale (I find this with the colour surge shadows, they are quite sheer) but I would use them. So I now need to take myself off to Clinique and have a look. The top row of eyeshadow's are the strawberry fudge duo and the bottom row are daybreak and gold rush, from what I can see these are the names and they are Colour Surge singles. As you can see from the swatches below they are not very pigmented, but they all have a lovely shimmer to them. As you can see daybreak has been my mum's favourite!
The pinky shade even has a nice gold shimmer to it when applied, I don't particularly like pink but this is lovely! I think from the four colours you could make some lovely eye looks. On the Clinique website I can't see that you can buy this set but you can buy Colour Surge Duo or Strawberry Fudge Compact which contains a blusher as well.



Has anyone else tried any of the range? what are your thoughts?



3 comments:

Lucy said...

These look like lovely colours.
Its a shame they're not more pigmented though, they just wouldn't show up very well on my skin.
I rarely buy make up from clinique, normally skincare.

Lou
xx
Rainbows and Buttons

The Editor said...

ugh. hese look soooo sheer. it's a pity they're not more pigmented. They woud have made a very nice quad

Unknown said...

Thanks for comments, it's such a shame about the quad as I agree it could be such a great eye quad put they are too sheer. My mum is happy as got them free but it would be a shame if you brought the colours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...