Thursday 3 January 2013

New Year




I don't do resolutions as I don't believe I've got any chance of keeping them! The Hubbie always says that I've got the willpower of a slug.  Probably sounds quite harsh but the guy really knows me!

However last year I vowed I was going to eventually lose weight and keep it off.  So in January 2012 I joined Weight Watchers (have to admit I usually refer to it as Fat Fighters).  In 12 months I've lost 2 and a half stone - I still have a long way to go and did hope to lose a bit more before Christmas but I found that I really struggled over the summer and just managed to maintain my weight rather then lose it.  I've come to the conclusion however that I've managed to maintain the weight!  This is the second time I've tried a diet - the first time I lost what I wanted quite quickly as soon as I stopped it all went back on.  But this time I've really changed my lifestyle and routine and I've found it a lot easy to follow.

Well this year I'm sticking with it and will hopefully hit goal.  I'm not quite at a point where I'm ready to share before and after pics but I hopefully will be soon.

To help with the weight loss and the occasional naughty chocolate bars, I've decided that I've really got to move more in 2013. 


Now exercise really is not something I love, but I know it's something I need to do to get fit and healthy.  




That's the important thing for me in 2013 - to be fit and healthy on the way!



I also need to Blog more!  I've so been struggling since moving house to get motivated about blogging.  I just haven't felt like I had the time and was constantly fighting to make time.  But we've been in the house now a few months and I feel so much more settled.  We've only got little jobs left on our list now, so I should have a lot more free time.



I'm also loving the idea of Memory Jars - you basically write on a post note every time something funny, memorable or important that's happened and then come the end of the year you can review how good your years been.  After reading a lot of my friends Facebook posts on the 31st - "stating good riddance 2012 its been a rubbish one, roll on the next".  I couldn't believe how negative everyone was being, okay my 2012 wasn't amazing but we moved into my new home which was definitely a high point and we definitely had some fun. So I thought this was a great idea.

Finally I plan to spend more time with Friends and Family!  Work has very much taken over my 2012 but I need to find a better balance this year.



*images from We Heart It 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year.
I really enjoy this theme you've got going on in your web page. What is the name of the template by the way? I was thinking of using this style for the site I am going to construct for my school project.

McDesert Safari

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...