Wednesday 23 May 2012

Collection 2000 Colour Match Foundation in Ivory 1

Today's post is on Collection 2000 Colour Match foundation in Ivory 1.
Here is what they say,
'- Contains a unique skin tone technology that adapts to the skin's natural tone to help deliver a subtle, flawless look that lasts.

- SPF20 to keep you safe against those harmful UV rays.

- Available in 6 shades, whether you want to be a bronzed beauty or a porcelain doll.'

The consistency is quite runny and the coverage is Light/medium. The foundation applies well and but is more suited to oily\combination skin. I have a tendency to get a dry nose and this did make it appear worse. Once applied the finish is dewy. This ticks a lot of boxes for me but still isn't my perfect foundation.


For the range being called colour match I wasn't expecting a great choice of shades but 6 isn't bad. But these 6 fall across a small spectrum of colours which is a shame. I ended up with Ivory but I might look at Light as well.
The colour is very dark against my skin tone.
But it does blend in well which was a bit if a surprise as its looks so dark above. But unfortunately it is still too dark for me. But below you can see the dewy finish.
Here is a swatch compared to my other foundations, as you can see its very dark considering it's called light. Though as you can see above its blends well but once on its totally the wrong shade for me. Maybe if the sun ever comes out I might just get away with it.
L-R Bourjois 10hr Sleep Effect in shade 71, Boots No7 Lift & Luminate in Alabaster, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in Porcelain, Liz Earle Skin Tint in Fair, Missha BB Cream in No 13, Estée Lauder Invisible fluid in 1CN1, Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow, Lancôme Teint Idile Ultra 24hr in 005 Beige Ivoire and Collection 2000 Colour Match in Ivory.


If this foundation as a better skin match I think I would be very happy but unfortunately it's not the case. But if you are not too pale or dark certainly take a look as its value for money. It would also make a nice summer foundation as it leaves your skin looking dewy and the coverage is light. But unfortunately mine hasn't been used.


This foundation is £5.99 from Boots or Superdrug.


Are you a fan of Collection 2000 foundation or makeup? You can see our previous Collection 2000 posts here.


What do you think?


Thanks


1 comment:

LauraEve said...

Never tried a collection 2000 foundation but tried a few of the mascaras which are fine. I like the hot looks nail polish the most, cheap and great colours

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...