Wednesday 3 August 2011

Liz Earle Shampoo & Conditioner...

Hey,

Just wanted to a sort of an update post for you. Back in April our Mum did a post on Liz Earle Botanical Shine Shampoo & Conditioner that she had received from Liz Earle as a Mothers Day post, you can see the post here.

Well I have since received a set of these to try and I have to say my hair is very grateful. Firstly look at how lovely Liz Earle package them up, it felt such a shame to open them up.On to the shampoo first, this is 200ml for £7.65 and here's what they say:
'With West African shea butter, natural source vitamin E, shine-boosting apple and orange extracts plus naturally derived cleansers, our shampoo gently cleans without stripping to leave hair soft, shiny and smooth. Contains no sodium lauryl/laureth sulphate.

Wet hair thoroughly, massage into a rich lather from root to tip – a little shampoo goes a long way.


Naturally active ingredients include natural vitamin E, west african shea butter to moisturise plus apple and orange extracts boost shine'.


My first thought when I used this was it smells gorgeous as my Mum said it feels invigorating to use. I have the same issue as my Mum in that I have an itching scalp so I have switched to using SLS free shampoos and luckily this ticks that box! I have noticed with some SLS free shampoo's you struggle to get them to lather up, but again this doesn't suffer from that issue.


After using the shampoo for two weeks I have enjoyed it and my scalp also feels better. The only thing that I haven't liked is my hair seems to get greasy and feels dirtier quicker. Now I have frizzy, dry and damaged hair, my normal hair wash routine is for example was my hair in the Sunday evening, leave it Monday then wash it again Tuesday evening. Otherwise my hair is just a frizzy mess! And at the moment I really feel like I need to wash my hair Tuesday whereas I didn't feel like that before.Onto the conditioner, what they say:


'Specially formulated with West African shea butter, yangu oil, blue seakale and shine-boosting apple and orange extracts, our ultra-rich colour safe conditioner leaves dry or damaged hair hydrated, under control, soft and smooth.


Massage into clean, wet hair after using Botanical Shine Shampoo.


Naturally active ingredients include West African shea butter to moisturise, yangu oil to help smooth and soften hair, plus apple and orange extracts boost shine'


Again this smells amazing, it so thick and creamy. My horrible hair has enjoyed using this. My hair has been much easier to dry and straighten, it feels lovely and soft.


Even though I mentioned that I feel my hair gets greasy near wash day I have enjoyed using this and really like the smell. My mum is onto her second lot and she has said she will continue to use this range. I will certainly continue with the conditioner. I like the shampoo but I am not convinced it does much for my hair type. I have currently got a SLS free shampoo from Tigi on trial as well so I will let you know which one I prefer.


Have you tried Liz Earle Shampoo or Conditioner?


Thanks
























1 comment:

Makeup and Mutts said...

It sounds good except for making your hair greasy, that would steer me away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...