Saturday 28 May 2011

Some Beauty UK Lovelies

Hey,

How is everyone? How awful is the weather I hope it picks up soon as L's wedding is only a week away!!!

Firstly I'd like to apologise regarding the lack of posts recently, L and myself like to have a post up at least once a day. But with the wedding approaching fastly we have been struggling to do this. But normal service will resume shortly after the wedding.

Today's a post on some great bargain buys from Beauty UK. This has been a range that I always thought was cheap and aimed at teenagers in Superdrug or Select Clothing Store. The eyeshadow palette always looked nice but again I thought they would be more quality and not pigmented at all. But L as showed two of their nail polishes before here.

I had popped into our local Select store in Bletchley to look at the range we had in there and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The was loads of nail polishes I wanted and I was also drawn to their lipsticks. In the end I purchased two lipsticks in Snob and In the Buff, and two nail polishes in Soft Pink and Blue Shimmer.

First up are the swatches on the lipsticks, these retails for £3.49 and come in around 11 shades which you can see here. The shades I got are Snob on the right and In the Buff on the left.
Snob is very much a blue toned pink and has quite a dull finish on the lips. I actually don't like this on my lips alone I have to put a gloss with it, and all in all its just not my shade. I much prefer In the Buff but again I prefer it with a gloss over the top. Though this is my preference as I am not a massive fan of lipsticks on their own that much. These are both very pigmented, the colour pay off is amazing and I am tempted to look at the other shades available such as Candy and Innocent. They are creamy and glide on well, you only need one swipe across, so are well worth the money!

Next up are the nail polishes I picked up, mine are from the Salon Professional range (they also do a glam nails range). These are £2.49 each and come in around 36 shades (the glam nails are £1.99 and come in 31). I eventually decided on Soft Pink and Blue Shimmer, I used two coats here to get the great opaque colour. They glided on well and were easy to apply. I am going to be stocking up on more of these from both ranges, the colour choice and price are great alone! But I actually like how they apply, L has tried two from the glam nail which you can see here, and was happier applying 3 coats but for the price I wouldn't mind.

After ignoring the range previously I now would like to try more from the collection especially the eye shadow palettes. Liloo from Le petite jardin de liloo shows some swatches and item from Beauty UK here, she has made my want to try out the Pearl eyeliners soooo much.

Are you a fan of Beauty UK? What products would you recommend?

Hope you have a great bank holiday weekend!










No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...