Tuesday 3 April 2012

Real Techniques Stippling Brush

Today's post is a review of Real Technique's Stippling Brush, the line created by Samantha Chapman (Pixiwoo).

I had heard a lot of chat via Blogs, Twitter and L regarding Real Technique brushes and I couldn't wait to pick one up. I eventually decided to get the Stippling Brush as I really wanted a good base brush.
First off here is a little bit about Real Techniques,
'Designed with pro makeup artist Samantha Chapman, Real Techniques brushes combine high-tech materials with innovative design to make creating a pixel-perfect look easier than ever:


  • Taklon bristles are ultra plush and smoother than the hair you'll find in other brushes. Since taklon is synthetic, it's 100% cruelty-free. The soft fibers help create a flawless, high-definition finish in any type of light – from sunlight to harsh indoor lighting.

  • The color-coded system corresponds to the key steps of makeup application so you can create a flawless base, enhanced eyes, and the perfect finish like a pro.

  • Each brush head is hand-cut to the perfect shape, allowing for precise application from dense coverage to a soft, delicate finish.

  • The collection is suitable for a wide range of products and every makeup need – from powders, creams, and liquids to mineral makeup, highlighter, and shimmer.

  • Brush names on the handles make for easy reference when creating your favorite look.'

All the brushes are colour coded by their use, as you can see mine is pink for perfect finish. The large brushes also have shaped handles for comfort as well. I just think the brush looks very pretty compared to my others. I also love that as the bottom of the brush is flat you can also stand them upright...very handy if you have a packed brush holder like me.


The head of the brush is actually quite short, but this helps with the dense brush and creating the flawless finish. The fibres are also 100% synthetic thus 100% cruelty free. Also with them being synthetic they don't just soak up all your foundation which is another great bonus.

Also with the being shorter and smaller this brush would be brilliant for cream blusher. I personally haven't tested this out yet but I have been considering buying an extra one.

I currently use mine to finish off my foundation. I apply some foundation to my face and I then use this brush to blend and buff onto my face.


I am so impressed with this brush and I love how my foundation apply and looks after use. I would certainly recommend talking a look at the range and they are worth the hype. With the Pixiwoo's being behind the range I feel a lot more thought has been put into what you should get out of and achieve with the brushes...I love it!


I purchased mine from Boots here, prices start at £7.99 up to £21.99 and there is a wide range of brushes to choose from.


Have you tried the Real Technique brushes? Which is your favourite?

Thanks















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...