Thursday 22 September 2011

MAC Purple Majesty

Hey,

I decided to have a nosey at the MAC me Over collection, I haven't been tempted by any of the new collections but thought I would check this one out. L had already purchased herself MAC lipglass in Curvaceous.

I decided to try a nail polish from the range as I have never tried one before...and I am soooo disappointed. My first disappointed came when I realised that it looked a bit like Rimmel Black Cherries. You can see a comparison swatch of the two at the end of the post. Though I did realised that Black Cherries is darker then Purple Majesty. I will discuss my second disappointment below.

Right onto Purple Majesty,
I loved the look of the deep berry colour in the bottle and the bottle looks nice, MAC nail polishes are 10ml and cost £9.00. But application was awful, firstly its a 3 coat polish (I don't mind this in polishes under £5 but not in polishes over £5). Secondly it just kept going everywhere, I am not saying I am perfect at applying nail polish as actually I am rubbish. But my nails have never looked so rubbish after, I normally only have to touch up 1 or 2 nails not my whole hand!



Even after 3 coats it still looked patchy. I am so disappointed and certainly won't looked to purchase any nail polish from MAC. There are much better options available on the highstreet for cheaper and better high end nail polishes. I could just have a bad polish and the others maybe good but I am not willing to take the risk for £9.00.




Here is the comparison of Rimmel Black Cherries (left) and MAC Purple Majesty (right).
I had 2 coats of Black Cherries and 3 coats of Purple Majesty, as you can see Black Cherries is more purple toned. Personally from the swatches I think the names should be the other way round, what do you think? I preferred the application of Black Cherries over Purple Majesty, it applied much better and looked a nicer finish.






Have you tried MAC nail polishes? Do I just have a bad one?












1 comment:

Ellie M said...

I've never tried it, colour is nice but I do prefer the Rimmel one xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...