Friday 29 July 2011

Liz Earle Treatment Masks

So on our little blog, both K and myself have a lot of love for Liz Earle. We both suffer from sensitive skin and definitely need something gentle yet effective to use. So far we've not been disappointed with their products, as you can tell from our past reviews.

On the run up to my wedding, Liz Earle kindly sent me two face masks to try, in order to achieve a lovely glow on my big day.

So I received the Intensive Nourishing Treatment Mask, on the left and Brightening Treatment Mask, on the right.


First up the Brightening Mask - so this is specifically for dull skin. This is a big problem for me. I don't sleep all that well and with having fair skin, some days I can end up having a greyish undertone to my face. Obviously, planning a wedding is quite stressful, so I was really concerned that I wouldn't have a natural glow to my skin on the big day.


What Liz Earle have to say,

Problem: dull skin.

Solution: our fast-acting ‘minute’ mask instantly revitalises. Containing stimulating camphor oil and toning witch hazel to help give your skin a natural-looking radiance.

Use in the morning or whenever a quick fix is needed.

Naturally active ingredients include aloe vera to help cool and soothe, toning witch hazel and purifying white clay.


It should be noted that this isn't recommend for sensitive skin, but I haven't had any problems with it. However everybody's different.


Due to the clay in the product, its quite thick but its simple enough to apply. It also includes Aloe Vera and Witch Hazel. You can really smell the Witch Hazel.

You use it whenever you feel that you need a pick me up. You apply around 1 to 2 pumps to clean, dry skin and leave for between 30 secs to 2 mins. You then gently wipe off the residue with a muslin cloth which comes with it.

Just to let you know you get a slight tingling sensation would applied.

It's a great pick me up, and I use it whenever I look like the walking dead in the morning.

Next up the Nourishing Mask - design for dry, dehydrated or stressed skin. Another perfect mask for the run up to a wedding.

What Liz Earle say,

Problem: dry, dehydrated or stressed skin.

Solution: this deeply rehydrating ‘moisture’ mask will help to replenish, calm, condition and moisturise skin.

Apply to face and neck and relax for 10-15 minutes.

Naturally active ingredients include St John’s wort to soothe, borage to help lock in moisture and rose scented geranium to help tone and balance .

This is a lot creamier compared to the Brightening mask and contains St John's Wort, Borage, Comfrey and Rose Scented Geranium.

You use this as often as you feel you need to. You apply a thick layer of cream and leave for 10 to 15 mins. After this use a muslin cloth to gentle wipe off the residue.

Once again this one is also a great pick me up. I tend to use it once a week to combat any dry skin. It's also great if you've had a hectic week and your skincare regime has gone out the window.

Both have become a staples in my weekly skincare regime.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

I have the nourishment mask and I love it! My skin is so dry and it just hydrates my whole face so well xxx

Makeup and Mutts said...

Both sound lovely! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...